At this point we all, to a lesser or greater degree, have thought about how to spend our summer vacations – with a lot of joy!
Here in Fuerteventura we enjoy a climate that is so suitable throughout the entire year, that is almost seems as if the summer lasts twelve months. However, it is during the summer time when there is the most movement on the island and when it receives hundreds of tourists of different nationalities.
This is actually not surprising, considering the great temperatures, the rich regional gastronomy, the large offer of leisure activities and water sports to practice outdoors and, above all, in the sea. If we add up all these factors, the perfect vacations are guaranteed in Fuerteventura.
Corralejo, the main village of this Canary Island has numerous accommodation types, for families with children as well as for couples and groups of friends at an excellent price and with all the facilities imaginable.
Without a doubt, the rental of holiday apartments in Corralejo is the best way to make the most of your relaxing days at the seaside and in addition you will have a private pool! Besides, in this district you can practice the best water activities in Fuerteventura. Do you want to know which ones? We will tell you!
Water activities in Fuerteventura: Don’t miss them!
If you are passionate about adventures and water sports, and want to live a dream holiday – congratulations, because you’ve come to the right place.
- Kayak tour in crystal-clear waters: it’s the best manner and the environmentally most beneficial way to get to know the maritime environment and the most spectacular nooks of the coast of Fuerteventura. In addition, it’s a suitable activity for the whole family and all physical conditions. Many specialized companies offer this service making it an experience that everyone can enjoy.
- Kitesurfing to release adrenaline: have you heard about kitesurfing? It’s a sliding sport which consists in using a kite that is pulling the person, sliding over the water on a board or a ski. It’s amazing! In Corralejo there are schools that teach this funny sport, including children.
- Diving in the deep sea: the incredible waters of Fuerteventura make diving a pleasure. Discover the secrets of the seabed, its fauna and flora guided by an instructor who will explain in detail everything you might find on your way.
- Fishing trip: to get on board of a boat and go fishing is possible on the Canary Islands as well. Learn the different styles of fishing and watch whales and dolphins in these paradisiacal shores.
- Trips on catamaran: a tour around the island on a catamaran is a unique experience. Departing daily from the port of Corralejo these boats go to the famous Isla de los Lobos where people can swim in the amazing waters, go snorkeling, kayaking, take a sunbath … If you like, there is an option to rent catamarans for parties and special occasions for groups of up to 10 people. The reservation includes lunch on board, a champagne toast and hotel pickup.
- Flying with a Flyboard: for some time now, the flyboard is really cool and it is common to see people practicing this activity on Spanish beaches. In Corralejo it will not be less, and during your holiday stay you will experience new emotions flying over the sea. Before unleash your skills doing tricks on the water, an instructor teaches you so that you will have some basics.
- Paddle surf in Corralejo: a quieter activity, but also very entertaining. Paddle surf is great to have some fun and refreshing moments. Indeed, as it is practiced in a group, it is a perfect opportunity to meet new people and make friends.
- Sailing regattas: not everything has to be a “risk-taking sport”. Once in a while it is just nice to enjoy the sea and its views in a relaxing way. In this case, there is no better way than to go navigating on a sailboat on the beautiful coast of the island of Fuerteventura.
As you can see, there many options of water activities for everyone in Fuerteventura. The good news is that when renting fully equipped apartments in Corralejo, you will have plenty of time and freedom to practice some, or all, of the above listed proposals.