The Canary Islands, many have visited them and most know the important things about these islands, its wonderful climate, the local cuisine, a very curious spanish accent and the volcanic landscape that sculpts everything, however, there are a lot more things and today we are going to dedicate this article to talk about it.
- Not only good weather, but the best in the world: Everyone knows about the good weather in our archipelago, but there are many studies that have corroborated that the Canary Islands have the best climate in the world with average temperatures of 22 degrees.
- The Teide, the most visited national park in Spain: The highest peak in Spain, with 3,718 meters above the sea and declared Unesco heritage in 2007 is the main attraction of the island and the most visited National park in Spain.
- The oldest Rum factory in Europe: Few know that the rum factory “Arehucas” is the oldest in Europe, inaugurated in 1892 in Arucas.
- The oldest Japanese restaurant in Spain: Who was going to imagine that the first Japanese restaurant that opened in our country, in 1968 was on our island of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, in the Guanarteme neighborhood. 40 years enjoying sushi and other dishes of the Japanese cuisine on our islands
- La Palma, a paradise for stargazing: A world reference for stargazing, both for its geographical position and its low light pollution.
- One of the largest volcanic tubes in the world: On our island of Tenerife, we have “La Cueva del Viento”, a tube tuve, impressive volcanic formation in the town of Icod de los Vinos, where you can also find the “Millenary Drago ”Both a must visit.
- The 1st Ikea of Spain: Today we all have a piece of Ikea furniture at home, some of us have all of our furniture from Ikea and its shops cover the entire map of Spain, but here in the Canary Islands, we can say that we had the very first one , opened in 1978.
- The autonomous community with more national parks of the country: Yes, that’s right, in the Canary Islands we have a total of 4 national parks, more than any other community in the country.
- The oldest golf club in Spain: In 1891 the “Bandama” Golf Club opened in the center of the island of Gran Canaria.
- The first underwater museum in Europe: On the island of Lanzarote, not many years ago, the first underwater museum in all of Europe was opened, with works and sculptures by British artist Jason de Cayres, if you like diving, do not miss it .
In Vacanzy Collection, we want to welcome you to our beautiful islands. We have all types of accomodation for your holidays in the island, Apartments and Villas with private pools for rent as well as a recently inaugurated boutique hotel in the city center of Corralejo, one of the most touristc places of Fuerteventura, the gem of the Canary Islands.
Come and check the latest offers in our website and benefit from booking directly with us with the best prices you can find.